The La Crosse County Well Workplace Initiative (LCWWI) is a healthy collaboration between more than 20 La Crosse county businesses and organizations to deliver comprehensive, award-winning wellness programs to 18,000 employees in La Crosse County. LCWWI was initiated in 2014 and approved for launch in May 2015 by Wellness Council of America (WELCOA).
The goal of the project is to guide worksites to develop and sustain results oriented worksite wellness programs to enhance the health, safety and well-being of your workforce.
Each La Crosse county business or organization that has signed on to support the initiative will create a business plan and use data-driven methods to cover a variety of areas of intervention at their worksite including but not limited to physical activity, healthy nutrition, stress management, self-care and tobacco cessation in the way appropriate for their employee population. Their collective effort is helping make wellness the way of work in La Crosse County. Supported by the Wellness Council of Wisconsin, Well City/County USA challenges local businesses and community leaders to work together and engage entire communities in improving the health and wellbeing of their workforces and families.
The Well County – La Crosse initiative is a collaboration of businesses focused on improving the health and well-being of the workforce in La Crosse County. In order to attain the Well County designation in 2018, La Crosse County employers that participate in this initiative must submit for and achieve a Well Workplace Award designation and be representative of no less than 20% of the workforce of La Crosse County.
Well County – La Crosse addresses community needs identified in the 2015 COMPASS NOW 2015 assessment for La Crosse County:
- 86% of healthcare costs are spent on treating one or more chronic conditions which can be associated with obesity, tobacco use, and mental health:
- 23% of the adult population is obese, which leads to other preventable health conditions;
- 15% of the adult population uses tobacco products.
- One quarter of the adult population reported binge drinking in the past month.
- 26% of the U.S. population is affected by depression. By the year 2020 it is estimated that depression will be the leading cause of disability.
Download - Well County Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan Approval Letter
Download - Strategic Plan Approval Letter